Most modern schools consider it vital to include the school excursion ideas to go on the places that can be educational for the learning of the students. The modern education psychologists suggest that schools must plan for excursions for the students as these kinds of activities make the students energetic and mentally charged. The exploration of different new things and places can improve the creativity and craving for knowledge in the students. Educators believe that excursions offer experiences to our students that are closer to real-life than we can simulate in the classroom. This is the first in a series of three articles on the organization of an excursion and concentrates on what planning the teacher must do before the day of the excursion. Poor planning can create a very stressful day for the teachers and students reducing the possibility of good educational outcomes.
Things that should be organized before going on the school excursion:
- Permission from the appropriate authorities in your school should be obtained first before you begin any major planning to go on an excursion.
- The plan of the excursion should be planned early and thoroughly, the total cost, route or journey, transport arrangements, educational goals from your work program or syllabus should be evaluated.
- Submit your planning for official approval to the upper management.
- Parents should be informed by letter of all details and the organizers should gain their permission for their child to participate.
- Proper transport should be organized in advance and the excursion date and time of transport booking should be confirmed.
- Indoor activities Melbourne should also be confirmed during the excursion.
- Organize the collection of money, its banking and the payment of accounts.
- Create a list of all students going on the excursion and a list of those not going. Give the list of non-attendees to your school attendance officer or the relevant teachers.
- Organize, well before the excursion day, any cheques you need to have with you to pay for services provided during the excursion.
- Organize worksheets for the students and have spare copies available.
Students should be briefed before going on the trip:
The purpose of the briefing is to prepare the students thoroughly so that they have an educationally successful day, conducted in a safe and secure way. Brief all students about the school excursion ideas including their responsibilities regarding behavior, dress, safety and any school requisites they need. Inform the students about the behavior that is expected of them, including the consequences of breaking that code.